Privacy: Legal Ease Consulting, Inc. the owner of this Website, respects the privacy of users on the Internet and has developed this privacy statement to protect user privacy on its Website. The purpose of this statement is to explain the types of information Lawyer Meltdown.com and Legal Ease Consulting, Inc. obtain about users of this Website, how the information is obtained, how it is used, how it may be disclosed to others, and how users can restrict its use or disclosure.
Personally Identifiable Information: The only personally identifiable information Legal Ease Consulting, Inc. obtains about individual users through the Lawyer Meltdown site is information supplied voluntarily by the user. Users interacting with the Lawyer Meltdown site may provide their name, address, telephone number, email address, domain name or URL or other personally identifiable information that Legal Ease Consulting and LawyerMeltdown.com may use for its own business purposes. Legal Ease Consulting, Inc. may share such information with its partners and agents for purposes related to Legal Ease Consulting, Inc.’s products and services, including for the purpose of contacting users about products and services that may be of interest to them. Of course, users may visit the Lawyer Meltdown site without providing their name or revealing any personally identifiable information about themselves.
Using the Information: “Personally identifiable information” is information about you such as name, postal address, email address, company name, credit card number, etc. Generally, we may use your personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you about your account or the Site.
- To pre-populate online forms for your convenience.
- To personalize various aspects of the Site.
- To build quality and useful services by analyzing user trends and by measuring demographics and interests.
- To provide you with prompt and effective customer service.
- To support the operation of the Site (i.e., billing, account maintenance) and troubleshoot.
- To send you newsletters, promotional messages, product announcements or other communications that we feel may be of interest to you, although you may opt out of receiving these communications (see “Opting Out” below).
- In other ways that you either expressly consent to or instruct us to undertake.
Disclosing the Information: We may disclose personally identifiable information about you to third parties without asking for explicit consent from you as follows:
- Legal Ease Consulting, Inc. and LawyerMeltdown.com do not sell any of your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties.
- We may share web site usage information about visitors to the Site who have received a targeted email promotional campaign from us with a third-party advertising company – for the sole purpose of targeting future email campaigns and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics.
- To allow third parties to provide Site features and services. These third parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
- To our contractors, consultants and professional advisors so they can provide a service to us. For example, from time to time we may use third parties to help us collect information about our users. In those cases, we will prohibit the third parties from using the information they collect for any purpose other than providing the service to us.
- As we believe necessary to comply with the law and protect the rights, property or safety of others.
- If you engage in illegal activity and we respond to a subpoena, warrant or other court order.
- In connection with the sale or transfer of Legal Ease Consulting, Inc. and LawyerMeltdown.com or substantially all of their assets, we will share your data with the acquiring party or transferee.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control.
Opting Out: As part of the registration process, you may supply us with your name, postal address, phone number, and email address, and you will be registered to receive periodic communications from Legal Ease Consulting, Inc., LawyerMeltdown.com, or from other reputable companies affiliated with Legal Ease Consulting, Inc.. If you do not wish to receive such communications from Legal Ease Consulting, Inc., LawyerMeltdown.com or from the reputable companies affiliated with Legal Ease Consulting, Inc., you can:
Opt out of receiving future emailed messages by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of any emailed message you receive from LawyerMeltdown.com.
Please allow 30 days for your opt-out election to take effect. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving the types of communications described above, we may still from time to time communicate with you about your account or operation of the Site; these communications will not be promotional in nature. For example, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. You cannot opt-out of receiving these communications.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: LawyerMeltdown.com and Legal Ease Consulting, Inc. do collect and use some non-personally identifiable, generic information about our users as a means of measuring the effectiveness of our Website. LawyerMeltdown.com servers identify certain user information in the normal course of operation, but such information does not reveal a user’s personal identity. We collect this information only in the aggregate and use it to evaluate and improve our Website and to provide targeted information that may be of interest to users of our Website.
The following are examples of non-personally identifiable generic information.
IP Addresses: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a user’s computer whenever that user is using the World Wide Web. Website servers can automatically identify individual computers by their IP address. LawyerMeltdown.com collects IP addresses for the purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information. LawyerMeltdown.com does not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information.
Computer Settings: Settings, technical and other information from your computer, such as your operating system, browser version, connectivity, various communication parameters and other information related to the operation and interaction of LawyerMeltdown.com sites may be collected by LawyerMeltdown.com. Except as otherwise provided in this statement, Legal Ease Consulting, Inc. and LawyerMeltdown.com will use such information solely in order to provide technically appropriate formatting of information provided by LawyerMeltdown.com and access to LawyerMeltdown.com and Legal Ease Consulting, Inc. Websites. The collection of this information will not include any personally identifiable information about you or any individual user.
Information Provided by Children: Legal Ease Consulting, Inc.’s Websites are not targeted at children and do not collect or use any personally identifiable data from children.
Disclosure Pursuant to Legal Process: Legal Ease Consulting, Inc. shall, pursuant to applicable law, regulation or legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order, allow access to all available and relevant information in order to comply with such process and protect Legal Ease Consulting, Inc.’s rights and property. Legal Ease Consulting, inc. may also allow access to this information in special emergencies where physical safety is at risk.
Other Websites: Legal Ease Consulting, Inc. is committed to protecting user privacy on all Legal Ease Consulting, inc. Websites and expects the same from our partners, co-sponsors, and suppliers. Legal Ease Consulting, Inc., however, is not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of non-Legal Ease Consulting, Inc. Websites, including Websites reached through a link on the LawyerMeltdown.com Website. Other Websites may have different privacy policies, or no policy. Users should review the privacy policies of any Website before providing personal information.
Should Legal Ease Consulting, Inc. modify its practices regarding the collection or use of information obtained from users in the future, this privacy statement will be amended to reflect such modifications.
Allison C. Shields
Legal Ease Consulting, Inc
Creating Productive, Profitable and Enjoyable Law Practices
P.S. Found a mistake or a bug? If there’s anything that bothers you about this site, I want to know! Send me an email at Allison@LegalEaseConsulting.com. I want this site to be not just a resource, but a refuge for lawyers. I want you to be comfortable here. So if there’s something that bothers you, please tell me!